Dear psci-commers

Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) Scientific Day presents research from our field programmes.  It will take place on 7 & 8 May and will be hosted at the Royal Society of Medicine, London, UK and in New Delhi, India - a true ‘conference without borders’.

http://www.msf.org.uk/msf-scientific-day

Everything will be streamed online, including lower bandwidth options, so people in countries where our research applies can participate.  Last year over 2200 people watched online from 102 countries.  Join the debate and tweet your questions using #MSFsci

Media spaces

General registration is closed but we have a handful of spaces available for interested media - if you would like to attend please email me at [log in to unmask]

Programme Information

7 May:  Innovative approaches & technology in humanitarian action
8 May:  Medical research from the frontline (streamed from both UK and
India)

Program highlights include:
·        Keynote speeches from Prof Jeremy Farrar, Director of the Wellcome Trust and Kenneth Cukier, Data Editor at The Economist, who will discuss the need for an improved research model to tackle rapidly emerging public health threats, and will challenge MSF to embrace new data practices or face becoming irrelevant.
·        Sessions on mapping, new approaches to providing chronic care in response to demographic shifts and middle-income refugee crises, and innovation in extreme environments.
·        Ebola session and panel discussion on what we need to know before the next outbreak.
·        Sessions on malaria, TB/HIV, and reproductive health – including the intersection of repro health with infectious disease as well as the adaptation of programmes to care for survivors of sexual violence.

Poster gallery and competition

Our poster gallery is now online and you can vote for your favourite poster here in our inaugural poster competition, sponsored by F1000.

The winner will be announced at the close of the conference and a £1000 prize fund will be donated to the research project or, if this is not possible, an MSF or other humanitarian or philanthropic project of the winner’s choosing.

Register for updates about MSF Scientific Day here: http://www.msf.org.uk/register-msf-scientific-day-updates

Subscribe to our weekly roundup of global health news and articles here:  http://www.msf.org.uk/msf-medical-press-review-weekly-round-global-health-research

All the best,

Kim

Kim West
Research Communication & Analysis Adviser
Manson Unit, MSF UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 7067 4226
Twitter:  @MSFsci

Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
3rd Floor, 67 -74 Saffron Hill, London EC1N 8QX
Tel: +44 (0)20 7404 6600 | Fax: +44 (0)20 7404 4466

Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries.

Discuss, debate and get the latest news from MSF:

Online | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Storify | Twitter | Youtube | Subscribe to emails

Donate to MSF UK

MSF (UK) is a company limited by guarantee | English Charity Reg No.1026588 | English Registration No. 2853011

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com