#ukmedlibs Twitter chat: 8 pm BST, Thursday 23 April and same time, the fourth Thursday of each month thereafter
Theme for the first chat: the HEE LKS Development Framework.

Following the lead of the well-established North American #medlibs Twitter chats, we're starting a British one starting on 23 April, (Shakespeare's birthday and World Book Day), using the hashtag #ukmedlibs. #medlibs discussions are fascinating, but take place in the early hours of the morning by our time, when clean-living librarians this side of the Atlantic are fast asleep in bed. We've called it #ukmedlibs, and the medium of discussion will be English, but we hope it will prove attractive to anyone in this part of the world.

Twitter chats offer a new way to debate professional issues. They take place at an agreed time around a set subject and use a hashtag (#) to organise the conversation and differentiate it from everything else going on on Twitter.
To take part you need to:

  *   have a Twitter account. Register at http://www.twitter.com
  *   be online at the appointed time
  *   join in, using the #ukmedlibs hashtag, so everyone can see that your tweets are part of the conversation

We've chosen for the theme of the first one the HEE LKS Knowledge for healthcare:
a development framework for NHS library and knowledge services in England, which may be found at https://hee.nhs.uk/work-programmes/library-and-knowledge-services/  To focus the discussion, we'll post some questions in advance at http://ukmedlibs.wordpress.com (nothing there yet...under construction, as they say).

Of course there's also a Twitter account, @ukmedlibs
Chats will be archived for those who can't participate, or who want to revisit them later.

The evil geniuses behind #ukmedlibs are Holly Case, Outreach Librarian at Surrey & Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust,
Sam Burgess, Head Librarian, Academy Library and Information Service, Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and me. If anyone else would like to help with the organisation, or would be interested in guest hosting future chats, do say.

Looking forward to chatting.
Tom

Tom Roper, Clinical Librarian
Library, Audrey Emerton Building, Royal Sussex County Hospital
(01273) 523312 / RSCH x3312
Brighton and Sussex NHS Library and Knowledge Service<http://www.bsuh.nhs.uk/work-and-learn/library-services/>  Twitter: @BrightonSx_LKS<https://twitter.com/brightonsx_lks>
Informing • Educating • Influencing
Do you search Medline or PsycInfo via the NHS Evidence/NICE Healthcare Databases (HDAS) webpages?
From 1 April 2015, access to these two databases will change - see here<http://www.ksslibraries.nhs.uk/southeastlibrarysearch/promotions/hdas2015/> for more information on how this will affect you. Any saved searches or alerts you created on Medline or PsycInfo will not be transferred. You will need to download these by 8 am on 30 March 2015 for saving to the new system. Click here<http://www.ksslibraries.nhs.uk/southeastlibrarysearch/promotions/hdas2015/Saving_HDAS_searches_alerts_Feb_2015.pdf> for instructions.
Contact us at [log in to unmask]<https://mail.bsuh.nhs.uk/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx> if you need any help.