Apologies for cross-posting.

Can you please circulate to staff and networks.

NoWAL Conference:   Where is the Library?

Wednesday 15th July 2015, Birley Academic Building, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester

Call for Papers, Presentations, Workshops or Teach meets

Overview

Academic Libraries are changing rapidly in response to external and internal factors, and to the exponential growth in technology, which has spawned many innovations and new services over the last decade. Due to this change (not least in the government reforms of the financing of HE) the library’s role and position in the institution needs constant reinforcement, re-alignment and proactivity in order to be seen as sustainable, affordable and relevant.

The library is not only a physical collection or a set of tangible interactions (was it ever?); it is at the heart of the academic and business process, working as it does alongside academics, researchers and professional services colleagues. Many more of our services now are “invisible” to the naked eye or from within a library building! – seamlessness gone too far? Yet arguably we are closer to our users now we are online as never before.

The NoWAL (North West Academic Libraries) Conference 2015 seeks to reaffirm the positive role of the modern academic library and the extent to which digital services have impacted upon their core business and the clients they serve – with a particular focus on:

1.       Learning Spaces

2.       Audience Engagement

3.       Digital Library/Media and Digital Support

4.       Research Support/Open Access/Future

Conference details are available at: http://www.nowal.ac.uk/conference/

Notes for presenters at the NoWAL Conference 2015

        We welcome submissions addressing one or more of the conference themes from librarians, student services professionals and related fields for

Short papers: 20 minutes presentation with 10 minutes for questions;

Workshops: 45 minutes and including practical activities and audience engagement

Teachmeet: 7 minute short presentations; participants in the Teachmeet will have the opportunity to see 5 of these short presentations during the 45 minute session.

Submissions on developments, strategies, partnerships and approaches at any level and scale are invited, as are collaborative contributions from within one institution or across institutions.

These themes are indicative; papers that relate in whole or in part to these themes are encouraged.

Papers accepted will be compiled and made available at the conference and to the wider sector, and contributors will be asked to supply papers and presentations in advance of the conference date. The submission will include an abstract (up to 250 words maximum) of the paper/ workshop /teach meet

The submission form is available at:   http://bit.ly/1EVtsdi

The deadline for receipt of submissions is Thursday 9th April 2015

Enquiries to NoWAL Operations Officer, Lorna Clarke [log in to unmask]

We look forward to receiving your proposals!

The NoWAL Conference 2015 planning group

Edge Hill University
Times Higher Education University of the Year

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Edge Hill or associated companies. Edge Hill University may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and business communications during staff absence.