A workshop on Introduction to Using R for Spatial Analysis is being run by
the Consumer Data Research Centre and Geographic Data Science Lab at the
University of Liverpool and the University of Liverpool in London.

Liverpool: ** LAST FEW SPACES ***
Date: Liverpool: Monday 27th April 2015, 9:30am – 4pm
Venue: Training Room 1, Sydney Jones Library, University of Liverpool

London:
Date: London: Wednesday 29th April 2015, 10am – 4pm
Venue: PC Suite 1, University of Liverpool in London

Instructor: Dr Nick Bearman

This course will cover an introduction to R, how to load and manage spatial
data and how to create maps using R. We will look at appropriate ways of
using classifications for choropleth maps, using loops in R to create
multiple maps and some basic spatial analysis. We will be using R Studio to
work with the R environment. By the end of the course you will be able to
load data into R, represent it effectively and be able to prepare an output
quality map.

Experience of creating maps in ArcGIS, QGIS or similar is required, but
experience of using R is not required. Refreshments and lunch are provided,
and numbers on the course are limited and allocated on a first come, first
served basis.

For more details, including costs and registration, please look at the
relevant link below:
- Liverpool, Mon 27th April -
http://geographicdatascience.com/training%20course/2015/03/19/R-Spatial-Analysis-Liverpool/
- London, Wed 29th April -
http://geographicdatascience.com/training%20course/2015/03/19/R-Spatial-Analysis-London/

If you need more information, please email [log in to unmask] or

Best wishes,
Nick.

--

Dr Nick Bearman | Research Associate & University Teacher
Department of Geography and Planning | University of Liverpool