Interesting question - I have looked for it, but haven't found it for large
faults with complicated histories.  If the faults are small (enough to be
idealized as dislocations in elastic medium) then displacement-length
scaling relationships probably apply to depth as well, but
propagation/growth rate might be different in the slip direction than in
the slip-normal direction, so it might matter what kind of faults you're
interested in.  For bigger faults (e.g. plate boundary faults) I don't know
of any observational or theoretical constraints.

Please share if you find more!
Christie