What's the voxel size in the rodent data?  I've noticed some flaky behavior in the past with TBSS if the voxel dimensions are < 1mm....  Like I am guessing your data is probably 0.1 or 0.2 microns or so.....  if that's the case simply multiple everything by 10/edit your headers so the voxel dimensions are greater than one mm.