From: Stephen Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 1:08 AM
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [FSL] Eddy current correction- rotation of encoding vectors?

Hi - see the manual:
http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FDT/UserGuide#vecreg_-_Registration_of_vector_images
Cheers

On 23 Apr 2015, at 06:37, Manaal Fatima <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi all,

When correcting for eddy currents, I understand that FSL affine registers the diffusion volumes to the reference volume with no diffusion weighting, which involves some sort of transformation/rotation. Several papers have noted that if a transformation/rotation has been applied to the image, then the same must be applied to the encoding vectors. My understanding is that these "encoding vectors" are simply the gradient directions applied during acquisition of the diffusion-weighted volumes (bvecs). However, I can't seem to find any info on whether or not this has been factored into FSL. If it hasn't, how do people go about applying the same transformation to the bvecs file prior to fitting diffusion tensors or running tractography?

Thanks in advance!

Manaal

Associate Director,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve

Stop the cultural destruction of Tibet