Hi Alireza,

Even without orthogonalisation the orthogonal parts are actually used for the significance, so the excerpt doesn't imply explicit orthogonalisation. I'm "almost" sure there is no orthogonalisation, and I only say "almost" because I can't check the code right now. Maybe others could confirm (or you can check, it'd probably be in the film_gls.cc, or in one of the functions it calls).

All the best,

Anderson