REVELATION FILM FESTIVAL: CALL FOR PAPERS: ACADEMIC CONFERENCE 2015

The Revelation Perth International Film Festival is calling for papers for its 2015 Academic Conference.

We are inviting all students, academics, independent researchers, filmmakers and film fans to submit papers and proposals for the 2015 Revelation Film Festival Academic Conference to be held as a part of the Revelation Perth International Film Festival (which runs from July 2-12th 2015).

Returning for its 4th year, the event is uniquely positioned as the only academic conference affiliated with a film festival in Australia and offers an opportunity for academics, filmmakers and audiences alike to come together to explore the possibilities of cinema.

We are looking for papers and proposals, whether you are a student, academic, independent researcher, fan or filmmaker, we are interested in hearing from you. Abstracts (no more than 200 words please) and proposals for panels (no more than 300 words) should be submitted to [log in to unmask] by the end of April 2015.

There are no limits on topics, but we are especially interested in papers that explore modern independent film, world cinema, documentary movies, new and emergent genres, neglected cinema histories, and alternative perspectives on any aspect of film and film theory.

The conference will run on Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th July as part of the Revelation Perth International Film Festival.