Funding to develop applications for a

MARIE SKLODOWSKI-CURIE EUROPEAN FELLOWSHIP

to hold at the

Centre for Citizenship, Civil Society and Rule of Law (CISRUL)

University of Aberdeen

Deadline for proforma: Tuesday 12th May 2015

Website: http://cisrul.wordpress.com/

The Centre for Citizenship, Civil Society and Rule of Law (CISRUL) at the University of Aberdeen invites researchers of any nationality who identify closely with our research agenda, and who hold a PhD and significant post-doctoral experience, to spend up to a week at CISRUL preparing an application for a Marie Curie European Fellowship, which would allow them to spend 1-2 years with us at Aberdeen.

Since Marie Curie stresses the fit between applicant and institution, we ask that you begin by reflecting on whether CISRUL is the right place for you to develop your career as a researcher. CISRUL aims to produce conversation across the social sciences and humanities on key concepts of the modern polity, including citizenship, civil society and rule of law, as well as democracy, human rights, nationalism and pluralism.

If you believe your work may fall within the CISRUL remit, please take a look at the detailed information about our members, events and publications at http://cisrul.wordpress.com. The next step would be to a) contact the CISRUL member whose discipline and interests are closest to yours, and then b) fill out the proforma on the website, so we can consider inviting you to Aberdeen to spend a week developing your application.

CISRUL will fund travel (up to £750) as well as board & lodging (up to 7 days) for the most promising applicants to visit us for a week, likely in mid to late June. During the week you would attend a variety of information sessions, about Marie Curie and about the University, as well as meeting regularly with your proposed supervisor/s and with a wide range of the University's professional services.

For further details, please see http://cisrul.wordpress.com/

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.