Hello everyone

I have a question regarding format and mark scheme of new style Edexcel ESOL exams.

I am not asking about the content, vocabulary  or topics of the live exams.

Has anyone on the list conducted practice and live exams for the following ?

E1  writing
E2 writing

E2 reading
E3 reading

What I would like to know is

a.  Is the format of sample and live assessments similar in terms of the individual
activities, for example with the E1 writing practice paper the first activity is a
'choose the right word' activity, the second is a 'Write one sentence' activity,
the third is a 'rearrange the words' activity , the fourth is an extended text, message
writing activity

b. Are the rubrics of the activities similar ?

c. Are the mark schemes in an identical format - eg for the aforementioned
E1 writing sample assessment , learning outcome 1 had a maximum mark of
12 and a pass mark of 8, while learning outcome 2 had a maximum of 6 marks
and a pass mark of 4.

Regards

Dominic
*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]