From: Nicola Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 16 April 2015 at 13:59
Subject: City and Guilds 4692 Exams
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi everyone

Are any providers out there using the new City and Guilds 4692 exam? As a staff team at Rotherham College we are encountering a lot of issues such as mistakes between the candidates' paper and the assessment packs and badly worded and ambiguous questions. In particular we have had very poor results on the Entry 3 reading papers as the mark scheme is very narrow: students must answer certain questions correctly to pass. We haven't got to the writing exams get!

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Regards

Nicola Dean

ESOL Tutor

Room C336D

Clifton Building

Rotherham College

Eastwood

Rotherham

S65 1EG

01709 722792/ 722759

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]