I wonder if it might be worth lobbying Labour  parliamentary candidates in marginal
constituencies on this issue, prior to the election ?

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:50:32 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Regarding Changes to ESOL in November 2015
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello all,

Please see contents from my email that I sent to NOCN, NATECLA MC (and NIACE via NATECLA). Apologies if any of you are already on these mailing lists but I thought it may interest those of you who aren't:

I've just had a long chat with a provider in the Southwest- during this chat we ended up looking at the actual forms for applications for ILR and Naturalisation that are available online and updated April 2015.

I urge you to read through the application forms and guidance booklets too, if you haven't done so. Apologies if you have. Here are my observations:

1. There is conflicting information in each document.
2. When you go through the forms you will see that there is a space to tick if your qual is an Ofqual registered qualification:
​​3. I know we haven't had official confirmation/ response from Home Office/ UKVI so it's difficult to know what to think. It looks like from the forms, Ofqual Registered quals are ok. But from the guidance it is very confusing. Have we tried contacting them on twitter?

I think the main focus should be trying to get clarification from the Home Office. Surely if there are many of us sending messages, they must respond. Is it worth all signing a letter together demanding clarification and if needed, demanding an extension of the period that Ofqual Registered Quals are acceptable pending any action by AOs?

Best regards,

Naffy

Nafisah Graham-Brown
Head of Skills for Life and Work