Dear all,

I hope you are all enjoying spring and the spring term and that you are looking forward to getting together in Tallinn in June.

As usual during the EATAW conference, the association has its general assembly and elections. As you may have noticed on the programme we  meet on the Tuesday at 16.00 for the general assembly and the new board meets on the Wednesday lunch. So, in view of the upcoming elections, it is high time to start thinking about what you would be doing for the association if you stood for the board. I do hope there are EATAW-members who are keen to take on duties on the board and help further support the association

Members of EATAW present at the conference who have been associated with the organisation for at least two years, and have presented at at least one previous conference, may stand for election to the Board. If you wish to stand for election, please submit an application stating your interest and experience in the teaching of academic writing, your association with EATAW and your reasons for standing (maximum 200 words) by midnight (GMT), Friday, May 15 2015, at the latest. Applications should be sent simultaneously to the two EATAW Co-Chairs Magnus Gustafsson ([log in to unmask]) and John Harbord ([log in to unmask]).

Please also send a photo of yourself with your statement.

Once we get the candidates, the current conference site will be updated with information about the election process and brief presentations of the candidates.

The deadline for submission of applications to stand for election is midnight (GMT) Friday, May 15 2015.

Best,

Magnus & John

Magnus Gustafsson
Chalmers University of Technology