Hi

Due to the Easter holiday period it seems that one or two people missed the call for this opportunity, so we decided to extend the closing date for expressions of interest until the end of this week. In summary…

We would like to support one outstanding candidate to prepare an application for  a Marie Skłodowska Curie Individual Fellowship in the field of disability policy studies at Leeds. We would be particularly interested in candidates whose research aligns in some way with issues of multi- scalar governance, equality indicators, disabled people’s movements, welfare regimes, or European disability policies. This could be broadly across the social sciences and related disciplines, including for example political science, law and public policy, social statistics or sociology. At this stage we are looking only for outline ideas, which could be developed in discussion with us for entry to the EU-funding competition.

These competitive fellowship opportunities are 100% funded and include generous living and mobility allowances. They are open to researchers of any nationality at any stage in the their career (but are mostly awarded to mid career and early career researchers). You must have completed your PhD or have at least four years equivalent professional research experience and you must not have lived in the UK for more than 12 of the past 24 months. You will need some examples of your previous research experience including publications.

To check your eligibility and express your interest in applying, please complete our brief online form by Sunday 19 April

Best wishes

Mark Priestley

Professor of Disability Policy

Centre for Disability Studies