On 4/15/15 5:38 AM, Karen Coyle wrote:
> Holger, the issue raised by Richard which starts the thread (and which
> we'll presumably vote on) does say "same graph." Are you saying that
> he misspoke?

Correct, the thread started on graphs [1] but has since moved on to be
about datasets, because there are obvious pushbacks on assuming a single
graph. Richard did not misspeak, but wanted to tease out some definite
statements so that the group can take the next baby steps. I am pretty
sure the vote on the current question would be "no", soon followed by a
vote on whether we can assume "same dataset" to which I expect and hope
"yes".

> As for same dataset, I'm not sure what that means in RDF.
In SPARQL, a dataset is a collection of (named) graphs that allows
queries to cross the boundaries between named graphs, e.g. using the
GRAPH keyword (See e.g. [2]).

HTH
Holger

[1] http://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/track/issues/30