Hello everyone,

Don't forget you've got a month left to submit proposals for the CHAT conference this year.

Best wishes,

Toby and the CHAT 2015 organising committee
CHAT2015.org

--------------------

CHAT 2015: Together
30 October – 1 November, 2015
Sheffield, UK

The 13th Annual Conference of the Contemporary and Historical Archaeology in Theory (CHAT) Group will be hosted by the University of Sheffield.

‘Together’ is inspired by Richard Sennett’s book of the same name, in which he examines the sociology of co-operation, and specifically the skills of living and working together.

We envisage this theme emerging through several lines of enquiry:

- The distinctive perspectives that emerge through the study of how people cooperate and how communities cohere and fragment: for instance, how can we theorise the ‘craft of cooperation’ in ways that account for people’s interactions with landscapes, things and animals?

- Case studies in the archaeology, history and sociology of cooperation in the present and recent past, and critical analyses of what happens when cooperation breaks down.

- The communities of practice (e.g. interdisciplinary networks, academics/students, universities/public) that come together in researching and learning about the present and recent past.

- Models of research that disperse or de-centre expertise and practice: for instance, projects in which participants (e.g. academics, students, community volunteers and professionals) share epistemologies and co-produce research.

We welcome proposals for papers and artefacts (e.g. posters, films and installations) that respond to the conference theme and follow the above or alternative lines of enquiry. Please send proposals (up to 300 words) to [log in to unmask] no later than 1 May 2015. You can view our website at www.CHAT2015.org

-------------------------- contemp-hist-arch is a list for news and events in contemporary and historical archaeology, and for announcements relating to the CHAT conference group. ------- For email subscription options see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/contemp-hist-arch.html ------- Visit the CHAT website for more information and for future meeting dates: http://www.contemp-hist-arch.ac.uk --------------------------