I tend to include everything because omitting it doesn’t save that much time anyway and I think it helps identifying the person (also helps differentiating it from somebody with the same name). It might also be of interest to researchers but as you say it is optional, so it is up to the cataloguer.

Iris O'Brien

Early Printed Collections Cataloguing and Processing Manager

The British Library

St Pancras

96 Euston Road

London