From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of O'Brien, Iris
Sent: 16 April 2015 10:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Discussion of Record 1

I think the records look pretty similar.

Those of you who don’t have a lot of rare books cataloguing experience, is there anything in the records that looks unusual to you? Or do you have any other questions or comments?

When I created my record I thought for this exercise I would include citations/references in the 510 in the format of the latest edition of the Standard Citation Forms for Rare Materials Cataloging (available free online: http://rbms.info/scf/ ) to see what it was like even though we actually still follow the previous version within the ESTC. What do you think? It’s probably clearer for users not necessarily familiar with these reference works as such but I must say it does take longer to input.

Iris O'Brien
Early Printed Collections Cataloguing and Processing Manager
The British Library
St Pancras
96 Euston Road
London
NW1 2DB
Tel.: +44 (0)20 7412 7731
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk<http://www.bl.uk/>
The British Library’s latest Annual Report and Accounts : www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html<http://www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html>
Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book. www.bl.uk/adoptabook<http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook>
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
Think before you print