From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Erika Delbecque
Sent: 16 April 2015 10:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Record 1

Good morning everyone,

Here is my version of the first record. I am pasting it into this email rather than sending it as an attachment, as some people may have difficulties opening attachments from this email list. I hope it displays okay for everyone - let me know if it doesn't.

Best wishes,

Erika

Field

Ind.

Data

Leader/7

Leader/18

008/22

#

008/35-37

eng

026

##

$as.pe ofve$bitat saWe 3$c1682$2fei$5UkOxU-H

040

##

$aUkOxU-H

$beng

$cUkOxU-H

$edcrmb

041

$a

$h

100 0# or 1#

1#

$aCollins, John,

$q

$c

$d1625-1683

$e

245

$aSalt and fishery, :

$n

$p

$ba discourse thereof insisting on the following heads. 1. The several ways of making salt in England, and foreign parts. 2. The character and qualities good and bad, of these several sorts of salt, English refin’d asserted to be much better than any foreign. 3. The catching and curing, or salting of the most eminent or staple sorts of fish, for long or short keeping. 4. The salting of flesh. 5. The cookery of fish and flesh. 6. Extraordinary experiments in preserving butter, flesh, fish, fowl, fruit, and roots, fresh and sweet for long keeping. 7. The case and sufferings of the saltworkers. 8. Proposals for their relief, and for the advancement of the fishery, the woolen, tin, and divers other manufactures. /

$cby John Collins, accomptant to the Royal Fishery Company..

260

##

$aLondon, :

$bPrinted by A. Godbid, and J. Playford, and are to be sold by Mr. Robert Horne at the Royal Exchange, Mr. John Kersey, and Mr. Henry Faitborn, at the Rose in St. Pauls church-yard, Mr. William Bury, globe-maker, at the Globe near Charing-Cross,,

$c1682..

300

##

$a[8], 32, 49-164, [4] p. ;

$b

$cxx cm. (xx).

500

##

$aText and register continuous despite pagination.

500

##

$aSignatures: A-V4.

500

##

$aErrata on V4v.

510

4

$aESTC

$cR43111

650

$aSalt$vEarly works to 1800.

650

$aFishery products$vEarly works to 1800.

650

$aSalt industry and trade$zEngland$v Early works to 1800

650

$aSalting of food$vEarly works to 1800.

650

$aCooking, English$vEarly works to 1800.

650

$aSalt workers$zEngland$vEarly works to 1800.

700

1#

$aGodbid, Anne,

$dfl. 1678 - 1683,