From: CCP4 bulletin board [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Misbah ud Din Ahmad [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] 3BDN, 16.5% Ramachandran Outliers!!!!!

Dear crystallographers,

The PDB entry
http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/explore.do?structureId=3BDN
has 16.5% Ramachandran outliers. When I opened this PDB file in coot and checked for Ramachandran outliers, the results are:
In preffered region: 58.04%
In allowed regions: 19.78%
Outliers: 22.17%      !!!!!!!!!

With an R-free of 37.4% at 3.9 A resolution, could you please tell me how reliable this structure of Lambda repressor bound to DNA is?

Thanks
Misbha