Lessons from The Public

http://lessonsfromthepublic.org.uk/

Do we need a large permanent venue for interactive art in the UK? Is interactive art important or successful and how do we define success anyway? In this workshop we will hear from Graham Peet about the story of The Public; a community arts centre in West Bromwich whose design can be traced back to Cedric Price and Joan Littlewood’s Fun Palace. We will also hear from Mike Stubbs CEO of FACT in Liverpool and Mark Daniels director of New Media Scotland

We are seeking position papers detailing the following:

Regards

Tom Flint

David England

Graham Peet

Mike Stubbs

Mark Daniels

Eur Ing Dr David England B.Sc, M.Sc, PhD

Associate Director of School

Head of Software Systems

http://lister.cms.livjm.ac.uk/homepage/staff/cmsdengl/

Important Notice: the information in this email and any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you should delete it from your system immediately without disclosing its contents elsewhere and advise the sender by returning the email or by telephoning a number contained in the body of the email. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Liverpool John Moores University.