I am looking for two post-doctoral researchers to work on body-based user interfaces, including mid-air interaction, gesture-based UIs, interaction directly on the skin, and muscle stimulation for body-based output.

The researchers will work on the project Body-UI, recently funded by the European Research Council. The project will combine results and methods from research on embodied cognition with recent advances in technologies for body-based UIs. We seek to understand how using the body to control computers changes the way users think and to demonstrate body-based user interfaces that offer new and better forms of interaction with computers.

The positions are for 2.5 years; the deadline for applications is May 15. There is much more information on the positions at http://www.diku.dk/ominstituttet/ledige_stillinger/hci-jobs.

Best regards, Kasper
—
Kasper Hornbæk, Professor, PhD
Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen
Njalsgade 128, build. 24, 5th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark
e-mail: [log in to unmask], www: kasperhornbaek.dk, skype: kasperhornbaek
phn: +45 35321425, fax: +45 35321401, mbl: +45 30957883
Hiring post docs. and PhDs, www.diku.dk/ominstituttet/ledige_stillinger/hci-jobs/<http://www.diku.dk/ominstituttet/ledige_stillinger/hci-jobs/>