I have been asked to post the following job vacancy on behalf of the Queen
Elizabeth's Foundation for Disabled People.
Di Stiff
Surrey History Centre

As part of its 80th birthday celebrations, the Queen Elizabeth's
Foundation for Disabled People charity is undertaking a substantial HLF
funded heritage project and are looking to recruit  a Heritage project
manager, based at Leatherhead, Surrey. Full details are below and can be
found online at
http://qef.org.uk/careers/vacancies/heritage-project-manager-leatherhead/

This is an exciting new post in the Fundraising and Marketing Department
of QEF. As part of its 80th birthday celebrations, the charity is
undertaking a substantial heritage project.  The post holder will manage
this history project drawing on information found in our archive
collection.  The project aims to reveal the rich, social history of
disability particularly in training and the workplace, over the past 80
years.  It will bring our heritage to life in a visual, educational and
interactive display.

You will have experience of developing archive material into a modern
exhibition for a variety of audiences.  Also of liaising with suppliers
and co-ordinating events.  Experience of developing an archive of oral
histories is desirable. Ideally the post holder will have an understanding
of the social history of people with disabilities and the ways of creating
an accessible and engaging project.
For more information: http://tinyurl.com/qef-heritagepm

About the Charity
The Queen Elizabeth?s Foundation for Disabled People (QEF) is a national
disability charity based in Leatherhead, Surrey which works with over
4,000 disabled children and adults every year.  There is further
information on our work with people with disabilities on our website:
qef.org.uk

About the Project
The central focus of the project will be on the rich archives recently
discovered by staff at the QEF. A detailed scoping exercise has taken
place under the direction of Professor David Turner of Swansea University.
The material offers a remarkable insight into how disabled people in
Britain conducted work and training, and what lives they were set up to
lead when they finished at QEF?s college.

The publicity material of the QEF is a notable case study in the public
image of disability and work.  A significant part of this project will be
to examine the representation of disability in publicity material,
photography and film. This will form the basis for a critical analysis of
the place of work in the history of twentieth-century disability.

Salary:                         £22,500 per annum

Duration:                       12-month fixed term post

Hours:                  35 hours per week

Location:                       QEF, Leatherhead Court, Woodlands Road,
Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 0BN

Closing date:           Tuesday 14 April 2015 at 5.00 pm
                                Interviews will take place asap after this
date.

        How to apply:   Please submit your CV and a covering letter
explaining how you meet the requirements of the role to

QEF is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all
sections of the community

We guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the
criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to
do the job

QEF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
and adults at risk

This is a 12-month fixed term post funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund

This email and any attachments with it are intended for the
addressee only. It may be confidential and may be the subject of
legal and/or professional privilege.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
or [log in to unmask]
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and
cannot be taken as an expression of the County Council's position.
Surrey County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming
and outgoing mail. Whilst every care has been taken to check
this e-mail for viruses, it is your responsibility to carry out
any checks upon receipt.

Visit the Surrey County Council website -
http://www.surreycc.gov.uk