> Sorry I had bounceback on this. K

> First sent to you 16th March, would be grateful if you would circulate the announcement below, many thanks.
> Dr Kaori O’Connor
> Senior Research Fellow,
> UCL Anthropology
> OR k.o’[log in to unmask] <http://ucl.ac.uk/>
> http://www.ucl.ac.uk/anthropology/people/research_staff/k_oconnor <http://www.ucl.ac.uk/anthropology/people/research_staff/k_oconnor>
>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: Kaori O'Connor <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
>> Subject: New book by list member, please circulate
>> Date: 16 March 2015 11:05:55 GMT
>> To: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>>
>> Dear Anthropology Matters,
>> I would be very grateful if you would circulate this announcement. Many thanks.
>>

>> My new book, THE NEVER-ENDING FEAST: THE ANTHROPOLOGY AND ARCHAEOLOGY OF FEASTING has just been published by Bloomsbury. It should be of particular interest to anthropology, archaeology and museum studies  because it links the three fields  through the material culture of food. It also steps outside the conventional food history focus on Western Europe
>> to look at feasting in Mesopotamia, in Mongol society, in Shang China and in Heian Japan, preceded by a substantial general introduction on the anthropology of food.
>>
>> The Never-Ending Feast - ISBN 978-1-84788-925-6
>>
>> A discount has been arranged. Special Offer:  get 20% off Kaori O’Connor’s The Never-ending Feast online via www.bloomsbury.com <http://www.bloomsbury.com/>. Just enter the discount code FEAST20 at the checkout. Offer ends 30th June 2015.
>>

>> Reviews of the book:
>>
>> "The Never-Ending Feast is richly detailed, fascinating, sumptuous. Discussing feasts not just as events but as fundamental elements of economies and cultures, O’Connor revises our notions of commensality and of the dynamics of feasting” - Mary C. Beaudry, Boston University, USA
>>
>> “Kaori O’Connor reminds us that the sharing of food is intimately entangled with the formation (and destruction) of political alliances, the structures of inequality, the emergency of religious practices, and indeed the philosophy of life itself.” - Rebecca Earle, University of Warwick, UK
>>
>> “Read this book and you’ll never look at museum artefacts in the same way again. In this engrossing volume, Kaori O’Connor breathes life into all those cauldrons and cups, bowls and beakers, used during the great banquets and celebrations of antiquity’ - Rachel Laudan, author of Cuisine and Empire: Cooking in World History.
>>
>> Dr Kaori O’Connor
>> Senior Research Fellow,
>> UCL Anthropology
>> or: k.o’[log in to unmask] <http://ucl.ac.uk/>http://www.ucl.ac.uk/anthropology/people/research_staff/k_oconnor <http://www.ucl.ac.uk/anthropology/people/research_staff/k_oconnor>

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers
*
* To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
* go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
*