More to the point, the Glue 1.3 standard (say) explicitly notes that
the Cluster element can have one or more SubClusters.
"SubCluster.UniqueID 1..* A cluster can be decomposed in one or more
subclusters:"

(There is the question over "UniqueIDs", of course, but since the
Clusters all do refer to the same SubClusters, this a weakness in Glue
1.3. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is one of the things that got
changed in Glue 2.0?)

Sam