Our application deadline has been extended to April 9th. Please circulate to interested colleagues.

Apologies for cross-posting.

The Robert Koch Institute, Germany’s federal public health agency, and the Center for Technology and Society at the Technical University Berlin are excited to announce a

Call for Abstracts for the upcoming Symposium, ‘DELSI – Digital Epidemiology and its ethical, legal and social implications.’

This event will be held September 14-18, 2015 at the Schwanenwerder Estate in Berlin, Germany.

We invite qualified researchers to apply from Germany and the United Kingdom who want to make a contribution to the analysis and assessment of the epistemic, societal and practical implications of emerging technologies, including data mining, sensors and other digital sources, applied to infectious disease surveillance and public health practice.

You will find specific program and application information in the Call for Abstract here: http://www.tu-berlin.de/ztg/menue/aktuelles_termine/archiv_2015/cfp_delsi_-_digital_epidemiology_and_its_ethical_legal_and_social_implications/

We estimate decisions to be communicated by April 21, 2015.

If you have any abstract or general event questions, please contact the organizing committee at [log in to unmask].

Please feel free to circulate to interested friends and colleagues.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Tim Eckmanns, Department for Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Robert Koch Institute

Leon Hempel, Center for Technology and Society, Technical University Berlin

This project will be made possible with funding from the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research.

**************************************************** This is a message from the SURVEILLANCE listserv for research and teaching in surveillance studies. To unsubscribe, please send the following message to <[log in to unmask]>: UNSUBSCRIBE SURVEILLANCE For further help, please visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help ****************************************************