From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Daniel Gutierrez Barragan
Sent: 04 March 2015 14:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] DCM on simulated data

Hello SPM experts/community,

I was wondering if there was a way of feeding a DCM model with simulated data (fMRI BOLD)? I know that the DCM module requires an SPM.mat and VOI.mat (xY, Y) files to be specified, but if I have time courses (disregarding any 1st level analysis and preprocessing) for some predefined seed; the seeds'- geometry, size, and location -, should'n I be able to run DCM with that? I have been browsing through the DCM and VOI routines in order to see what is the essential information that a DCM needs, but I have found lots of variables that are used and found in the VOI files produced from the SPM.mat, which simulated data doesn't have.

My question would be if I should:
                    a. Try to create fake SPM.mat? or
                    b. Modify which DCM routine and variables?

In advance I greatly appreciate your help.

Best regards,

--
Daniel Gutiérrez Barragán
CIMeC