In FSL, there is a separate model for each run. In SPM, each run is
analyzed separately, but within a single GLM. The regressors associated
with each run are 0s in all other runs and thus do not influence the other
runs. In SPM, you use contrasts to average across sessions, which is what
FSL does as a second level modeling step.

Thus, you don't need to have all conditions in all runs. You just need to
average the conditions of interest - and I stress the word average as if
you don't average, then you could get a scaling difference between subjects.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren