Thinking about it some more, if you wanted this to be a silent dance, you can get 25 sticky name tags and label from 1 to 25 and put them on the backs of the dancers.

Offstage, you ask the dancers to:
  1. pick and remember a random number between 0 and their number.
  2. flip a coin for each dancer and have them remember heads or tails
  3. as they enter the stage they find the dancer with their random number
  4. if they had tails, they connect to the dancer. If heads, they connect to the dancer the dancer is connected to