Dear John,
    After sending you my last message, I had a look in The Times archive - and find there was an obituary of him in The Times on 10 May 1994.  He left a widow and one son by his first marriage (his widow was his fourth wife - he was 99 when he died).  Chances are that his widow is no longer with us, and also that his son may not be either - reading the obit, I guess the son would now be in his 80s.
    I hoped there might have been a 'Deaths' notice which wold have given an address, but there wasn't - or not in The Times
    Yours,

Alastair