From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Talei Masters
Sent: Monday, 16 March 2015 5:17 p.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NZR] News on the National Library and Archives of Vanuatu

Apologies for cross-posting.

Dear colleagues,

For those of you who have read the reports of cyclone damage in Vanuatu with sadness and also wondered about the National Archives there, please see their message on their Facebook page.

From the Library and Archives team. We are all safe. The Library and Archives Collection are safe. No damage to the Collections. Keep praying for the people of Vanuatu.

https://www.facebook.com/NationalLibraryVanuatu

While understandably our first concerns are humanitarian, as information professionals we naturally also think of colleagues and the holdings they care for as well. It is a relief to hear that Vanuatu's Cultural Centre, which houses the National Library and Archive and the museum, has survived along with the collections. The new building was only opened in 2013.

No reports yet from our colleagues on how other government buildings have fared though.

Our thoughts are with those in Vanuatu as they begin recovery efforts.

We have also heard that there is no extensive damage to the archives in Kiribati, but have had no contact from Tuvalu as yet.

Kind regards,

Talei Masters | Secretary General

Pacific Regional Branch International Council on Archives - PARBICA
Direct Dial: +64 4 931 6990 | Extn: 9360

Email: [log in to unmask]
10 Mulgrave Street | PO Box 12-050, Wellington 6011, New Zealand | www.parbica.org

https://www.facebook.com/regionalbranchparbica

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged and/or subject to copyright.  Unauthorised use, distribution or copying of the contents is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, delete the email and attachments and all copies from your system, and do not use, read, distribute, disclose or copy its contents.  Violation of this notice may be unlawful.  Views expressed in this e-mail and attachments are those of the author, and not necessarily those of Tauranga City Council.  Tauranga City Council does not accept liability for any loss, damage or consequence arising from this email and/or attachments containing any virus, defect, data corruption or transmission error.
This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SMX. For more information visit smxemail.com
To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]