Thanks to Clive for spotting this very useful report, and also to Paul for his overview link.

People will notice that one of the complaints made to the UK Statistics Authority highlighted at the end of the Report came from Full Fact. Full Fact is the independent fact-checking organisation oriented to claims based on official statistics, and their Director, Will Moy will speak at this weekend’s conference on the relevant issues and their plans to operate an 18 hour a day, 7 day a week analysis and rebuttal centre in the 6 week run up to the election.

He is just one of the speakers in the afternoon’s Parallel Sessions on public understanding of statistics, health statistics, effects of welfare reform, and a community agenda for ethnic statistics. The morning focuses on general issue about the  statistics needed for good policy.

More information on the website: http://www.radstats.org.uk/

Best,

Jeff

*****

Dr. Jeff Evans

Emeritus Reader in Adults' Mathematical Learning

Mathematics & Statistics Group

School of Science & Technology

Middlesex University

London NW4 4BT, UK