She and her ilk are there or thereabouts most days, Max. High heels, pouts, bewilderment at boyfriends and family gazing at natural beauty. Rocky Apostles were never twelve in number really from the shore. Maybe from everpresent hovering helicopters ferrying tourists. From the lookouts, there appear to be about seven extant. More at The Martyrs and Bay of Islands, some of them smaller but still jutting perpendicularly. At Gibson's Steps, you can get down to beach level still, walkable from London Bridge viewing area.

Read Don Charlwood's account of the wreck of the Loch Ard in 1878, with only two survivors, one, Pearce, a cabin boy and the other, Irish Eva Carmichael, a passenger who clung to a spar in the rough waters for three hours and was rescued by Pearce. Melbourne crowds loved it and hoped the two might couple up but Eva, a Plantagenet, was having none of it and steamed back to Ireland.

Cheers,
Bill