Hello Mustafa

I’m not sure if it is quite what you’re looking for, but you could try:

Universal Principles of Design<http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Principles-Design-Revised-Updated/dp/1592535879>, Second Edition by by William Lidwell et al

Best

Katherine Hepworth

On Mar 24, 2015, at 11:43 AM, Mustafa Umut Sarac <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Hello there,

I am an archaeologist and my hobby is design. I read a MIT books 20 or 25
years ago on American Design History. It was telling about design rules in
america as a preparation to Nuclear War . I remember it was saying there
were strenght , product life , use and ergononomy rules for everything. For
example if you produce a bottle opener , it might work for 1 million
bottles , it might be produced x steel , y thickness

It opens a whole spectrum of these era military tank like designs.

Where can I find these rules ?

Thank you,

Mustafa Umut Sarac
Istanbul