Dear Experts from the OER Community,
Greetings!!!
It gives me a great pleasure to share with you all the following excellent example about how the importance of using OER is being recognized and the efforts are being made to bring that awareness among the faculty/teachers in India.

In this case, Deen Dayal Upadhayay (DDU) College, Delhi University organized OER workshops on March 16th and 17th on its campus. In total 46 faculty were trained in using OER to create courses and then how to use them with students. The training was provided by OER experts from Progia LLC - Navin Pathak and myself.

It was a very engaging workshop in which every faculty fully participated by asking questions, giving suggestions. There was a total 'wow' factor as the faculty was able to find the OER material relevant to the subjects they teach and then customize them using free tools available online or on their systems.
We have captured the moments from the workshop to share among other faculty to have them start using OER in their classroom.
Here is the video of Prof. Garg, Principal at DDU, who took this initiative of introducing OER to his faculty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqKnNcqUYiE
We also interviewed the participants capturing their views about using OER. You can watch there videos here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcA5kwsYknGqDIFfkjlZvPcdAYkWSZ1si

Some of the pictures from the two days are below:

Click Here

We have so far conducted over 30 such workshops and have trained more than 400 teachers/faculty/trainers in the use of OER. We will keep on updating you with more of our such initiatives around the use of OER.

Regards,
Archana Thakran,
Manager
Progia LLC