Thanks Fred, Terry, Phil. That's given me some food for thought (case studies, exemptions, laws, anomalous cases, published policies on OER like Leed’s). I will maybe also check with Education Scotland (they have OER terms for GLOW), Re:source/College Development Network, and JISC for their co-design model of innovation, and see if they have any policy guidance (on the larger issues of intellectual property like know-how and inventions as well as copyright).

I would note that the Scottish (regional) Colleges have recently moved more formally into the public sector, so I would expect more of a public sector ethos in their employment and intellectual property policies.

Tavis

Tavis Reddick

Enterprise Systems Support Technologist

ICT Services

Stenton Campus, Glenrothes

Fife College

01592 223313

www.fife.ac.uk

The information contained within this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete this e-mail and any attachments immediately. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the author's employer (the College). The College does not take any responsibility for the views of the author.

The College, is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC021203