Jonas: Thank you for your introduction : ) Let me firstly apologise for my typo in your name when I first introduced you!  I'm delighted you could join us. I think your net.art background brings a valuable perspective to this conversation. While the relationship between arts and digital is seen by many in the contemporary art sector as something fairly new, your fluency, craft and critical understanding of code, digital culture and networked contexts highlights the long established relationship between new media artists and new technologies, known to everyone on this list.

In projects such as FOMO, The Top 100 Highest Ranked Curators In The World and Flip City you expose often hidden mechanisms and behaviours at play in the art world and commercial art market, while simultaneously utilising those mechanisms, mobilising those behaviours and accessing its infrastructure. By critically interrogating art production, the practice of curation and the art world more generally through the lens of algorithms and big data (the language, practices and culture of digital), you provide a deeply informed yet 'outside' perspective of the contemporary art field. I am reminded of Tatiana's descriptions of disruptive artistic practices and interventions, (interview highlighted by Heather), it feels like you are doing something similar within an arts framework? Learning and working within the arts in order to critique and suggest other, as you say, potentially better systems?

As art worlds proliferate and collaborate more with each other and other sectors via technology based programmes and projects, I wonder how self aware we are of these evolving behaviours and mechanisms as a sector? The impact of digital technologies has heralded a radical reconsideration of the theoretical and practical role, function and value of art and the wider art ecology in civic society. I am interested in hearing how satisfied are we in how we are articulating our motivations, values, working practices and role both for ourselves and to our collaborators?

You explore our constantly evolving online (browser) behaviours online with projects such as Pubic Access Me. The project also exposes issues around online privacy and reveals the tightly controlled formats and platforms made available to us by corporate providers. I was very interested in hearing more about your experiences of the Seven on Seven event, organised by Rhizome. You worked with Michelle You (Co founder of Songkick) for 24 hours to 'develop something new'. This something new was the project eeeeemail.com. Using an existing, email service provider, eeeeemail.com randomly pairs logged in participants and exchanges sent emails from their account outbox between them. The work attempts to counter the tight, algorithmic, filtering infrastructure of social media platforms by searching for a way to create a sense of chance and serendipity in online interactions.

It would be interesting to hear more thoughts around the arts and commercial partners collaboratively creating 'authentic' experiences online.

Introduction: I am delighted to introduce Rachel Falconer to the conversation - another important voice in our developing field. Rachel is a curator and writer operating at the intersection of art, technology and networked behavior. She is currently Head of Art and Technology at SPACE. It would be great if you could say a few words about your interests and work at the Space and perhaps respond to some of the themes and ideas that have come up so far?

Looking forward to hearing more of the list's' thoughts, comments and experiences. : )

Suzy O'Hara
e:[log in to unmask]
t: 07891719319
twitter: @suzy_o_hara