From: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Jon Radley [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 March 2015 14:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Insects set in acrylic blocks

Hi Luanne,

Not answering your questions but I'm interested in the pyrite-glycerin issue. I've never tried it but was always fascinated by Reid and Chandler's technique of storing London Clay fruits and seeds (pyritised)  in glycerin. I wonder if their material survived?

Jon

Jon Radley
Curator of Natural Sciences
Heritage & Culture Warwickshire (HCW)