FAMILY FRIENDLY MUSEUM AWARD 2015 LAUNCHED

What’s your favourite family friendly museum? The 2015 Telegraph Family Friendly Museum Award is launched – giving you the chance to say which museum, gallery, heritage site, science centre or historic home in Britain gives the warmest welcome to families.

It can be a giant national museum or a tiny two-room local gallery. It can be volunteer-run or boast a team of curators. It can be best known for its outstanding collection of French 19th century porcelain or be alive with high-tech interactives. What matters most is what families think of it. Because the Telegraph Family Friendly Museum Award is the biggest museum award in Britain and the only one judged by families. The Award is sponsored by the Telegraph Newspaper Group and run by charity Kids in Museums.

Kids in Museums Patron historian and broadcaster Dan Snow says,

‘As a father, I have been reminded of the joy of Britain’s museums, galleries, parks and castles. Dinosaurs, steam trains and siege catapults are once again central to my life. I can honestly say that my three-year-old daughter and I spend our happiest moments together in museums.

We are blessed here in the UK to have perhaps the world’s finest assortment of heritage attractions. They educate and entertain us Britons while drawing in millions of foreign visitors – a stunning resource that, both spiritually and financially, enrich our lives.’

Who can make a nomination?

Families - Anyone can make a nomination – children, parents, grandparents, cousins, uncles, neighbours. You just have to tell us why your favourite museum should win. The more details you give about your visit, the better chance your museum has to make it to the longlist. So tell us as much as you can. We want all the details of why you want it to win.

Museums – Anyone can nominate the museum they work in - curators, volunteers, front of house, education officers, marketing people. You just have to argue passionately that your museum should win, telling us why. The more you tell us, the better chance your museum will make it to the longlist. Be sure to include as many visitor comments and support for your nomination as possible. It’s a great chance to ask your visitors what they think.

Anyone!

Where do I send a nomination?

Email: [log in to unmask]

Post: Telegraph Family Friendly Museum Award, Kids in Museums, Can Mezzanine, 49-51 East Road, London N1 6AH

Deadline for nominations 10 May 2015.

Want to let everyone you’re behind the Award?

Display our Quentin Blake illustrated Telegraph Family Friendly Museum Award posters. Email [log in to unmask] to get your free copy.

Want to find out more?

For further information about the Award and previous winners go to www.kidsinmuseums.org.uk/award or www.telegraph.co.uk/museumawards

Want images or interviews?

For press images and interviews just email [log in to unmask] or call 020 7250 8338. We’d love to work with you.

www.kidsinmuseums.org.uk

cid:image001.jpg@01C9C43C.1E2D7FF0
Registered charity no 1123658
We would like to keep you informed about the work of Kids in Museums. If you do not want us to keep in touch, do just reply to this address with 'remove' in the subject line.