What follows is not about kneelers as such but rather is a follow-up to Jim's useful observation about the position of King Robert of (mostly mainland) Sicily's tomb in Naples' church of Santa Chiara. Another example from the same city is the tomb of the poet Jacopo Sannazaro (d. 1530) in his church of Santa Maria del Parto on what was once a small estate given to him by his friend King Federigo, the last Aragonese king of mostly mainland Sicily (busts of Federigo and of Sannazaro occupy circular niches on the building's facade).

Though the tomb has long been hidden from view by a late sixteenth-century stuccoed inner apse:
http://www.ilportaledelsud.org/images/casati/smdp01.jpg
when it was first erected (later 1530s; the base on which it now rests is a late seventeenth-century addition) there was no such barrier. Honoring the church's donor, it will have been visible directly behind the altar of the building's upper church. Here's a view:
http://tinyurl.com/odvbb8k

Though there are no kneelers, the Servites to members of whose order the church was given by Sannazaro and who regained it in 1971 make sure that at its base there is a vase of white flowers (when I've been there they've been roses), thus fulfilling the injunction at the beginning of Pietro Bembo's epigraph for Sannazaro (inscribed in full on the tomb), _Da sacro cineri flores_. And it is of course possible to pray at the tomb: I once heard Sunday mass from back there when the priest who had kindly helped me have a look came out from the rectory some fifteen minutes before the time announced at the church's parish entrance on the Via Francesco Caracciolo (not the monumental entrance shown in photographs) fully vested and proceeded immediately to the celebration at what presumably was the actual regular time just then.

Best,
John Dillon