In the Greek Orthodox world, the "joke" is "Happy Greek Independence Day ... oh, yeah, by the way, also Happy Annunciation."

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Genevra Kornbluth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

And here's a bunch in other media:
http://www.KornbluthPhoto.com/Annunciation.html
Genevra

On 3/25/2015 4:54 AM, Gordon Plumb wrote:

March 25th in Feast of the Annunciation:

Here is just a selection of the many images I have:

Ashbourne, St Oswald, Derbyshire, nXVII, 1a mid 13thC.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/15775817657

Shelton, St Mary, Norfolk, nII, A3-A4:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/2439692856

Bourges Cathedral, Bay 25, Annunciation window in Jacques Coeur chapel:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/3151423795
and detail:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/4266589238
Cologne Cathedral, St Stephen's Chapel, sX, 1b, formerly in Cologne Dominican Church:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/5306721846

Attleborough, Assumption of the BVM, Norfolk, wI, G1, Mary from Annunciation:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/3203837245

Leicester, Jewry Wall Museum, Roundel, late 15thC.:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/15272667348

Dorchester, Abbey church of St Peter&  St Paul, Oxfordshire:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/2221039895

Oxford, Merton College Chapel, west window:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/6385645915

York, St Michael-le-Belfrey, I, 2b:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/4568539169

Newark, St Mary Magdalene, Nottinghamshire, sII, 2b:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/2880255350

Winchester College Chapel, Thurburn's Chantry, south window, D1-D2:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/3456899182

East Harling, St Peter&  St Paul, Norfolk, I, 4a:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/2481578226

Stamford, St Martin, Lincolnshire, I, tracery:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/8876971171

Wrangle, St Mary&  St Nicholas, nV, 2b-2c, lower parts of Mary and Gabriel from Annunciation:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/8164494407

Clavering, St Mary&  St Clement, nIII, A4-A5, fragmentary Annunciation:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/4364886649

Ely, Stained Glass Museum, Annunciation from St John the Baptist, Hadzor, Worcestershire - figure of Gabriel by John Hardman&  Co, who also restored the glass:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/15095316327

Bourges Cathedral, Bay 230:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/15706888679

Saint-Nicolas-de-Port, Lorraine, Bay 100, 1-5a, 1-5b:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/15012171844

Chartres, Cathédrale Notre Dame: Bay 150:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/4147020083

Lichfield Cathedral, nII, 1, Herkenrode glass showing Annunciation with Visitation in centre background:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/15290759970

Metz, Cathédrale St Étienne, Bay 19,1240's
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/4313923387

Rivenhall, St Mary&  All Saints, Essex, I, 1b:, glass originally from St  Martin, Chenu, Sarthe:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/8940380719

Cambridge, King's College Chapel, Chapel J, window 37, The Unicorn Hunt, an allegorical form of the Annunciation:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/22274117@N08/6510894359

Gordon Plumb

to: [log in to unmask]
medieval-religion-request@jiscmail.ac.uk