 I'd be curious to know what people make of the less obvious symbols such
as:

   - The three disembodied right hands to the right of the cross. Is one
   holding a barely visible purse, containing perhaps 30 pieces of silver?
   - The smoke emanating from the bust of I'm not sure whom. Could this be
   Pilate whose disembodied hands are being washed? If so, why the smoke and
   the odd-looking headwear?
   - The three somethings atop the halo of the woman. Three Nails perhaps?
   - The crossed sticks between the woman and the cross.
   - The dice represent the soldiers' casting of lots for Jesus' robe, but
   why fifteen, the sum of four, five and six?

Being an uneducated philistine with no Latin, I can't tell if the
surrounding inscription provides any clues.

Rick