Modern languages are Phase 2 subjects. First teaching for French, German and Spanish, starts Sep 2016; which means the first examinations for these subjects will be in 2018. If you start teaching GCSE in Year 9, you should start teaching these subjects in Sep 2015. However, we have not got any information for Chinese and Italian yet. I was told by my HoD, these will come a bit later.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes,Rong

     On Wednesday, 4 March 2015, 9:07, Jerome Gicquel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 #yiv5450162072 #yiv5450162072 --.yiv5450162072hmmessage p {padding-bottom:0px;margin:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;}#yiv5450162072 body.yiv5450162072hmmessage {font-family:Calibri;font-size:12pt;}#yiv5450162072 #yiv5450162072 #yiv5450162072 --p {margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;}#yiv5450162072 Is the EDEXCEL Chinese going to continue? Quite a few MFL GCSEs and A levels are being scrapped in light of new requirements (Dutch, Portuguese, Hebrew and quite a few more)From: Mandarin Chinese Teaching [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Theresa Munford [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 8:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: GCSE Chinese reform

Hi, Chunlian
I don't think I've seen anything specifically about the Chinese GCSE yet, but it will presumably change along the lines of the French, German, Spanish ones.  My colleagues teaching those languages have begun to attend training on the changes so it may be worth your while seeing if your MFL colleagues have powerpoints from their training to share.  I know that the key ideas will be more spontaneous speaking for the oral tests, no course work, more 'old fashioned' translation and more use of literary texts.  ALL has the following summary on their website:
http://www.all-languages.org.uk/news/news_list/reformed_gcses_in_languages_consultation_launched

TheresaBath