Dear Carol-Ann

We subscribe to UpToDate and that has a facility where you can search for the health topic in another language. We have a lot of Spanish and Portuguese nurses now, so they can search in their native language. The actual health topic review is written in English, but they do seem to appreciate the ability to search in Spanish or Portuguese at least. So we always include UpToDate and the search in another language facility in our Overseas staff induction.

Best wishes

Sarah

From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol-ann Regan
Sent: 30 March 2015 16:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Overseas nurses

Dear All

A while back I think I remember someone producing a resource list  / asking for ideas on what should be included in a library induction for overseas nurses.

I thought I had kept a copy but cannot trace it.

Does anyone have it or if not has anyone been involved with this user group and would be willing to share ideas etc.

Many thanks

Carol-Ann

Carol-Ann Regan (Clinical Librarian)

Acting Library and Knowledge Services Manager

Library

Musgrove Park Academy

Musgrove Park Hospital

Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Taunton

TA1 5DA

I am in the Beacon Centre Monday to Thursday 1.00pm to 4.30 pm

At other times please contact me in the Library

Ex 2433 or [log in to unmask]

bird_blue_48@musgrovesompar

: http://librarymph.wordpress.com/

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and / or privileged information and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) printed above. If you are not the addressee(s), any unauthorised review, disclosure, reproduction, other dissemination or use of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance upon the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been sent to you in error, please return to the sender. No guarantee can be given that the contents of this email are virus free - The University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust cannot be held responsible for any failure by the recipient(s) to test for viruses before opening any attachments. The information contained in this e-mail may be the subject of public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 - unless legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. Copyright in this email and any attachments created by us remains vested in the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.