Ebooks 2015

Etextbooks, elearning, econtent

University College London, 7th May 2015, 10.00am  to 17.00pm

We invite you to join us at Ebooks 2015 which this will consider the emergence of e-textbooks and ways in which electronic content is being used to support teaching, learning and scholarship. We have brought together experts in learning systems, librarians and academic publishers to assess where we are with these developments and what opportunities exist for the future. Importantly the emergence of e-publishing technologies and standards is making it that much easier to become a publisher or set up a publishing function.Thus we have several presentations which will look at the re-emergence of university publishers, the role and opportunities for libraries as publishers and collaborations between libararies and publishers. We will cover JISC funded projects on textbook publishing as well ideas about published outputs from institutional and e-learning repositories. We will also look at accessibility and consider how content might work in new  elearning environments.

There will be speakers from University of Edinburgh, Instructure (Canvas), University of Liverpool, UCL, JISC, Library Publishing Coalition, SUNY, Proquest and others

For further information check our website at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/conferences/ebooks

The conference will, as usual be at the very economic rate £115 for the day. A full programme will be available in due course; for registration please contact infostudies-admin at [log in to unmask]

Registration form: click here to download the registration form.