Hi all,

I’d just like to thank everyone who came back to me with suggestions re methods of creating and sharing in-house produced ebooks.

The following products were all mentioned with approval.

-       Flipsnack

-       Flipping book

-       Issuu

-       Scribd

-       Yumpu

We have actually tried Issuu but it was rejected by a tutor who objected to the “artistic” images on the covers of other magazines which were visible when you linked to ours! We would also like our students to be able to download and read our publications off-line. This seems to be the key sticking point at the moment.

We are now more seriously looking at Google Play and iTunes as hosts from which students can download ebooks. I’m also looking at Amazon’s Create Space which seems to offer a free e-publishing service?

Thanks again,

Anne-Mary

Anne-Mary Inglehearn

Librarian and Learning Resource Manager

Leeds College of Building

North Street

Leeds

LS2 7QT

Tel: 0113 222 6097

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on behalf
of Leeds College of Building.