Hi All,

Many thanks to those of you who responded to my request about your appointment booking systems. The information you shared will be really useful for informing our plans for a new system.

Here's a summary of the responses I received:

- One institution offers scheduled drop-ins, with appointments outside scheduled times being arranged by email

- Three institutions arrange appointments by email (these tend to be smaller institutions)

- Ten institutions operate some kind of automated booking system including systems built into the VLE, free online systems, in-house software, and paid-for software.

Amongst those who use some kind of automated system, a common challenge is ensuring students get to see the right person. Careful design of booking forms seems to be a key consideration in tackling this, but doesn't quite replace the conversation that can take place if a student books via email, phone or face-to-face.

Many thanks,
Charlotte Barton
University of Surrey