Hi all,

The End-of-Project Report for the “Data supply and Reconciliation between NRHE and HERs” project has now been finalised. Please find this attached. The Project report and three appendices can also now be found in the HER Forum Files Area* here:

https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=HERFORUM&f=/Data_Supply_and_Reconciliation

These will also be available on the new Historic England website, in due course.

On behalf of the Project Team and English Heritage, can I thank all those who have been involved in this project, from all the HER Officers who gave up their time to be involved with the workshop and HER Forum e-conference back in November 2014, to everyone else who’s been involved as the project has progressed.

The project concluded that there was overwhelming support in principle to undertake the process of supplying NRHE data to HERs and reconciling this data. There was also a broad consensus on how best to do this (manual accessioning assisted by web-based resources). There were concerns raised about the resources necessary to undertake this process. See the End-of-Project Report for further details.

A costed Project Design has been written for a potential second phase of work to develop a working prototype and identify the resources and criteria required to carry out this process. This is currently with English Heritage, and the Project Team has been informed that this will be considered as part of the Heritage Information Access Strategy (HIAS). As soon as I hear more about this, I will let you know.

Thanks again and best regards,

Graham

--
Graham Tait | Archaeologist
Historic Environment Team | Devon County Council

*The three appendices are (1) notes from the project meeting with English Heritage, (2) notes from the workshop and (3) notes from the e-conference.

Although the HER Forum Files Area is open to non-list members also I am aware that many of the files will not open unless you are logged into your Jiscmail account. This certainly applies to Word Documents. If you have any difficulty accessing files please log into your user account and try again.