From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of MacLean, Sarah
Sent: 13 March 2015 09:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Anyone using ARCHES - Getty/WMF Project

Dear all,

We did ask if anyone was using Arches in the Content and Computing Survey last year. None of the respondents said yes, although with only 84% response rate this doesn't mean no one is. However I have not yet heard of any HERs moving over to Arches yet.

In terms of the Welsh Trusts system I know of one Local Authority HER in England who uses this so the system is not confined to Wales! As most of the people using this software are on the list (as far as my knowledge extends to who is using it) I'm sure there will be people who will be in touch about their experiences with the software. I also believe there will be a demonstration of the software at the CIfA conference in Cardiff on 17th April as part of the session entitled "The big picture. Big data, knowledge organisation and the historic environment: shaping the future of historic environment service provision".

It will be interesting to see what responses we get to what database software HERs are using when we do the Content and Computing Survey next year (yes its every 2 years now!).

All the best

Sarah

Sarah MacLean
Heritage Information Partnerships Supervisor English Heritage -----Original Message-----